Simple Nutrition Swaps
Try these simple nutrition swaps in your food and see what a difference it can make to your life
Top 10 foods to include in a healthy diet
- Oily wild fish (salmon, mackerel)
- Free range Eggs
- Green Leafy Veg (Spinach, Kale, Collards, Pak Choi)
- Total Greek Yoghurt
- Nuts (almonds, macadamias, walnuts, brazils)
- Grass fed meats
- Coconut oil
- Green tea
Oily fish is great for health
Top 10 foods to avoid in a healthy diet
- Processed White bread (alternative: homemade sourdough bread)
- Processed Pasta (alternative: buckwheat pasta)
- Brown rice (alternative: white basmati rice)
- Microwave meals (alternative: cook fresh food)
- Fizzy drinks/fruit juices (alternative: water/milk)
- ‘Breakfast’ cereals (alternative: eggs)
- Pre packed frozen foods (alternative: cook fresh foods)
- Skimmed milk (alternative: whole milk/)
- Margarine (alternative: butter-kerrygold)
- Vegetable oil (alternative: butter/coconut oil)
Homemade sour dough bread is tasty and healthy
Top tips to try to start feeling great every day!
- Buy/use fresh food, locally sourced (always check)
- Prepare food in advance to take to work/gym
- Take on consistent protein feedings ~every 4hours
- Monitor sugar intake and adjust if necessary based on how it makes you feel
- Eat green leafy vegetables abundantly and then some more
- Avoid pre packed foods where possible –YOU CANT CONTROL WHAT IS IN THEM additives/preservatives etc
- Read food labels to see what is in your food – if it sounds chemical then it probably shouldn’t be going into your body!
Remember: your body is irreplaceable, think about what you are putting into it!
Feeling ill and tired is not a normal state of being, if you experience these daily then please consider asking for some advice on how to alter your diet. The right foods in the right quantities at the right times make us feel great!
If you want to talk to me about your nutrition or anything else that is concerning you in your health and fitness please get in touch!