Digestion FOCUS week 5-8
The other day I shared the first 4 weeks of my digestion FOCUS programme with you
This is simply a series of ideas to help you improve your digestion and get better health and weight loss results
Here is week 5-8 to complete the series!
Remember, this is not a substitute for medical advice
If you are unsure about anything, please contact me and always consult with your physician!
- Put at least 3 hours between each time that you take calories into your system
- Aim for small fasting periods between your meals to improve your hunger signalling, your appetite control and allow your body to rest and digest
- If you keep nibbling and snacking constantly you risk wearing out your digestive mechanisms, most importantly, your insulin/glucose mechanism.
- Experiment with fermented foods to improve gut flora
- These include (but are not limited to) kimchi, saurkraut, kefir, kombucha, natto, tempeh, miso
- Please note that too much of these foods can cause gut symptoms like bloating and gas
- Add a very small amount to begin with and build up really slowly
- Listen to your body and what it tells you after each meal
- If you have a delicate gut, it is best to do this under the guidance of a health practitioner
- Include more prebiotic foods into your nutrition to increase friendly bacteria and improve immune health
- These include (but are not limited to) chicory root, dandelion greens, jerusalem artichoke, raw garlic, onions, leeks, aspargus
- Increase your food variety
- Most people eat the same foods week in week out
- To get the best out of your food, mix and match your foods on a weekly basis (ideally on a daily basis but let’s start simple eh!)
- Start off with swapping out one of your meats/fishes for a different variety eg if you usually buy chicken, why not buy turkey instead
- Swap beef mince for pork or turkey when making a spag bol/lasagne…(the family won’t notice if you don’t tell them!)
- Start off with swapping your broccoli for asparagus etc
- Make the changes simple and easy eg green for green, white meat for white meat etc.
- The main reason we need to do this is to ensure that we are getting a full nutrient profile including a good variety of fatty acids, minerals and vitamins – without this, our health and therefore our weight loss will be compromised!
If you can phase these habits into your lifestyle and encourage your family to get involved too then you should see a dramatic improvement in your digestion and well-being.
When your digestion is working well and you are confident in your choices, your health and weight loss will happen with greater ease!
If you’d like to talk to me about anything health, fitness, digestion or weight loss then click here ->>>> https://www.rossellfitness.co.uk/strategy-call/
All the best